BI recommends that athletes weighing 200 lb (91 kg) take 24 tablets daily.
Muscle Synergy is a dietary supplement technology consisting of a combination of nutritional ingredients selected on the basis of their ability to support four factors that synergistically interact to determine the strength of the average muscle-building signal being transmitted inside your muscle cells at any time of day, whether you are exercising or at rest.
- Supplement Facts
- Serving Size: 2 full scoops (27 grams)
- Servings Per Container: 15
- Niacin (as niacinamide and niacin)
- (L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, L-Arginine Base)
- Muscle Synergy Arginine System™
- Calcium Hydroxymethylbutyrate Monohydrate (HMB)
- Creatine Monohydrate
- L-Ornithine HCl
What is the dosage form of this product?
Muscle Synergy is supplied in the form of tablets or as a powder to be mixed in water. You should choose the dosage form that is most convenient for you to use.
How am I supposed to use Muscle Synergy?
Muscle Synergy is primarily intended for use as a dietary supplement in conjunction with high-intensity resistance and/or cardiovascular exercise. However, it can also be used to provide adjunctive nutritional support during short- or long-term layoffs from training (e.g. due to injury or work or school demands) in order to prevent or minimize muscle losses.
What is the recommended dose?
Muscle Synergy Powder: Consume a total of 1 serving (2 full scoops = 26.86 g) of Muscle Synergy per day divided into two equal doses of 1 full scoop or 13.43 g each). Mix each dose thoroughly with 4 oz of water before consuming.
Some researchers (see REFERENCES) suggest that the optimal dose of HMB is 38 mg per kg (2.2 lb) of body weight. BI recommends that individuals weighing 91 kg (200 lb) consume a total of 1.5 servings (3 full scoops = 40.29 g) of Muscle Synergy daily yielding 4.5 g of HMB.
Muscle Synergy Tablets:It is recommended that users take a total of 16 tablets per day in two or more divided doses. Ideal times include upon waking up and before training.
- What makes Muscle Synergy different from other sports nutrition products?
- 1. Muscle Synergy is the first supplement technology explicitly said to enhance the synergistic interactions between four factors that impact your average muscle-building signal strength during exercise and at rest. These factors are: (a) Damage Control, (b) Loss Prevention, (c) Work Capacity and (d) Pump. The ingredients in Muscle Synergy support or enhance the underlying components of each of these factors as well as the interactions between them. Because the interactions are synergistic, your results can be that much more powerful when they are enhanced, possibly explosively so.
- 2. Ingredients in Muscle Synergy have been the focus of over 300 scientific studies based on the latest estimates. In addition to performing their own tests on athletes, BI has discussed the formula with scientists at university research centers around the world including Spain, New Zealand, England, Japan, Italy, Israel, Canada, China, United States, Australia and more. Their revealing insights, coupled with numerous testimonials received from very satisfied Muscle Synergy users, confirm that it is one of the most well though-out supplement technologies available.
- 3. Muscle Synergy contains 7000 mg of arginine per serving, a dose several hundred percent greater than what is found in popular nitric oxide (NO) products. Combined with it are citrulline and ornithine. Leading scientists confirm that the combination of citrulline and arginine can increase NO production and vasodilation (pump, Factor 4) better than supplementing with arginine alone. Arginine is normally rapidly degraded by arginase, an enzyme whose activity increases the more of it you ingest. Combining citrulline with arginine can reduce or prevent these increases in arginase activity, resulting in more NO and vasodilation. Ornithine has been added to Muscle Synergy to further strengthen this synergistic effect.
- 4. From a manufacturing standpoint, the greatest challenge faced by BI in developing Muscle Synergy was the large amount of active ingredients in the formula. This was overcome by using a very specific blending procedure to not only ensure complete dispersion of the actives, but also reduce the amount of inactive ingredients needed to make the product viable. The end result was a tablet that contains a much larger portion of active ingredients than other products.
- 5. Muscle Synergy was developed using a clear coating to make it easier to swallow and cover the bitter taste of ingredients. For instance, HMB has a salty taste and the amino acids in the formula may give off a discernable odor when exposed to heat or humidity. By using a sophisticated tablet coating process wherein the coating is gently applied over an extended period of time, BI was able to avoid these problems while still ensuring that the tablet breaks down effectively in the stomach.
- 6. Competitive athletes, their coaches and others concerned about exposing themselves to banned substances can have peace of mind knowing that the Muscle Synergy manufacturing facility does not manufacture any stimulants or anabolic steroids. The facility comprises over 100,000 square feet and is fully licensed and registered with the New York State Board of Pharmacy, Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- 7. Muscle Synergy has been fortified with glycine (1200 mg) based on the potential of this frequently overlooked amino acid to enhance damage control (Factor 1) and loss prevention (Factor 2), principally by supporting connective tissue synthesis. Besides making up a considerable portion of your muscle mass, connective tissue bears the bulk of every load you lift. Lifting weights can literally cause connective tissue proteins to be torn apart, of which collagen is the most abundant. This increases the demand for its constituent amino acids. Glycine represents about 1/3 of the amino acid residues in collagen. Like arginine, above, glycine is also used to synthesize creatine. In this way it can support work capacity (Factor 3).
What is the shelf-life of Muscle Synergy?
The results of stability studies indicate that Muscle Synergy will remain at label claim for 2 years.
What kinds of tests are performed on Muscle Synergy to ensure that it is of the highest quality that consumers expect from BI?
In addition to the above-mentioned stability tests, the technicians at the Muscle Synergy manufacturing lab perform assay testing and tests of tablet thickness, hardness, disintegration and identification.
What kinds of benefits are possible when using Muscle Synergy?
In general, users of Muscle Synergy can expect benefits that include but are not limited to:
- faster recovery from training (exercise)
- larger, more rapid gains of lean muscle, strength and overall performance from training
- prevention or reduction of training-induced muscle cell damage and soreness
- positive effects on mood and motivation to train
- increases in growth hormone (GH) release of up to 100% or more
- decreases in myostatin levels
- prevention or reduction of muscle losses caused by detraining or disuse
- stimulation of satellite cells
- protection from age-associated loss of muscle mass and functionality, known as sarcopenia
- lowering of elevated cholesterol levels and blood pressure (reduction in cardiovascular risk factors)
For a complete list of benefits, please refer to the Muscle Synergy product description on the BI Web site. Click here.
I heard that HMB [one of the key ingredients in Muscle Synergy] only works for people who have never trained before. I’m an experienced bodybuilder. Can I get anything out of Muscle Synergy?
Yes. Muscle Synergy can provide benefits to people of all ages and training backgrounds, male or female.
Dr. John Rathmacher (PhD) is an assistant professor in the Department of Animal Science at Iowa State University, the institution that licenses HMB. He has authored a number of the studies that have been published on this nutritional ingredient to date. While Rathmacher admits that trained athletes may in some cases notice benefits that are smaller in magnitude, there is still a benefit. The differences in lean mass gains have been shown to be highly significant, he says.
Dose may explain some of the variability, Rathmacher explains. Many highly trained individuals have much larger muscle mass than untrained individuals and the optimal dosage is 38 mg HMB per kg [2.2 lb] body weight. Therefore trained individuals need [much] more HMB based on body weight.
BI president Roger Riedinger has found empirically that larger athletes require larger doses of Muscle Synergy. When he personally took 32 tablets daily he achieved greater results than when he took 16. BI recommends that athletes weighing 200 lb (91 kg) take 24 tablets, yielding 4.5 g of HMB. This equates to a dose that is slightly above what Dr. Rathmacher advises.
Will Muscle Synergy help me if I take it before my workout?
BI’s tests suggest that the most important factor is the total number of tablets or amount of Muscle Synergy powder you take each day, not so much when you take them. Because most users spread their dosage throughout the day, at least a portion will normally be taken before training. This may provide a number of benefits. For instance, researchers at Florida State University who have conducted studies on HMB told BI that taking it 60 minutes pre-exercise may provide a substantial benefit in terms of speeding up recovery of muscle strength after exercise and reducing exercise-induced muscle soreness and markers of muscle damage. The researchers also suggest that loading with HMB for 2 or more weeks may enhance its performance-enhancing effects.
Muscle Synergy also contains arginine, citrulline and ornithine, mainly to enhance NO production and vasodilation. Arginine is converted into NO by an enzyme known as nitric oxide synthase (NOS). Dr. William Caldwell (PhD), a professor and chairman in the Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology at the Medical College of Georgia has studied the metabolism of arginine and citrulline and their relationships with NOS/NO extensively. He told BI that resistance exercising athletes may benefit from supplementing with these amino acids because of the increased demand for NOS substrates during their workouts.
Are all of the ingredients in Muscle Synergy safe?
Yes. Their safety has been confirmed by numerous scientific studies published in publically accessible databases such as PubMed. This is supported by discussions BI has had with scientists at university research centers around the world. To date, BI has received no reports of adverse effects from taking Muscle Synergy as recommended.
Can Muscle Synergy be used while preparing for a bodybuilding competition? What about a fitness or figure competition?
Yes (to all three). The training and dietary stresses of preparing for bodybuilding, fitness and figure competitions can make it very difficult to maintain lean muscle. Most athletes can expect to lose some muscle mass and functionality while preparing for competition, in fact.
Muscle Synergy has been strategically formulated to enhance loss prevention (Factor 2), one of four factors that synergistically interact to determine the strength of the average muscle-building signal being transmitted inside your muscle cells at any given moment, whether you’re training or not.
In short, physique competitors of all kinds should look at Muscle Synergy as an exceptionally worthwhile and economical investment in their competitive future.
What happens if I stack [combine] Muscle Synergy with other BI products?
Most BI customers take more than one product. Users combining Creatine Select with Muscle Synergy, for instance, have reported highly impressive results. However, excellent benefits are also possible when combining Muscle Synergy with any of our high-quality protein supplements or weight gainers and/or a variety of other products. It depends to a large extent on your particular needs and wants.
Contact the BI customer service team for help in developing a supplement stack that will enable you to achieve your particular physique and performance goals with a minimum of difficulty. Contact information is provided below.
Where is Muscle Synergy made?
The Muscle Synergy formula was developed by BI’s product development scientists at it’s head office in Cold Spring, Kentucky. The tablets themselves are manufactured in New York.
Where can I obtain additional product support?
Beverly customers receive ongoing support in the form of our own in-house customer service team. You can contact customer service at:
Toll-free telephone: 1-800-781-3475
E-mail: [email protected]
© Beverly InternationalBack to top